New main & mobile authenticator

tweetr

Mar 22, 2020
Hey guys, I have a question about the Steam VAC-linking system, and I thought what better place to ask than here?

So I'm vacced on my main from cheating with a shitty $5 cheat like 5-6 years ago. Recently started playing again and have a new account I want to use as my main (I will not be cheating on this account).
Is it safe to use the same mobile authenticator that I still use on my old main? If not what are my options to be able to trade on this new account?

Angry_Potato

(Potato)
Jul 4, 2015
From my memory if you have multiple accounts with the same phone number connected, and one of the accounts gets banned the others will too, I'm not sure about accounts that are made after that but personally I'd suggest using a different number.

RealTubz

May 3, 2018
No, if one gets banned the other one will too..

Simple way around this is by downloading steam desktop mobile auth - https://github.com/Jessecar96/SteamDesktopAuthenticator
And by buying a burner number from a site for like $1... you only need it once to activate steam mobile guard, wont ever need it again so dont worry about getting locked out of your account or anything.

edit -- oops, just noticed this is like 5 months old.. my bad!

Reactions: tweetr and SwaY